It seems wherever there is an opportunity to make money, there is an opportunity for a scam. Paid surveys are no exception… one big, fantastic opportunity to get ripped off, right?
Not necessarily. You are doing yourself a great disservice if you blow it all off before you start.
While it is easy to get frustrated when looking to earn money from paid surveys, it does not have to be that way if you just keep the following in mind:
1. Do not pay for a list — You are trying to earn extra money, why would you pay for a list if you can get one for free? There are plenty of sites that offer free paid survey list. Take advantage of them.
2. Do not expect to get rich — you will not get rich taking paid surveys, regardless of what some websites claim. Remember this and you will not be disappointed.
3. Focus Groups are not consistent — Focus groups are great opportunities to earn cash, and they pay well. They are not very frequent, however. Think of these opportunities as bonuses, and not as guaranteed income.
4. Professional Response = Professional Returns – you may not always get the best opportunities when you first sign up. Sometimes survey companies send out surveys first to those who have proven they are honest and considerate survey takers. I started getting better offers after about 3 months of taking surveys.
5. You Must Always Read the Terms – If you are going to indulge in the “product trial” type of surveys, where you buy the product, then give a review for a handsome payment in return, always read the terms and conditions or the offer. While lucrative and legit, some crafty language is often used by the offeror, make the reviewing party (YOU) miss their cancellation deadlines and breach the terms. This can leave in a pickle as they charge you for products you did not intend to subscribe to long-term, or did not find worth subscribing to. Paid Survey Scams
Keep all this in mind and you can make hundreds of dollars a month or more taking surveys at home. If you register for multiple companies, it is realistic and entirely possible to do so — even without the “paid trial” offers. Do not be discouraged, and enjoy your extra cash.