In harsh summer, the sun becomes the great fear as it not only heats the atmosphere but also let the tan to grow and spread over the whole body. This is the reason why, in such regions, people generally look for the right solutions to keep the sun away and house cool and comforting. Out of such solutions, the prominent ones are window blinds and awnings.
People generally go for external venetian blinds, awnings, etc. which not only provide shade, but also balance the heat of the house and radiations.
The other reasons why people look for these
- They look for these because these prevent the heat loss and allow proper air conditioning.
- These help in bringing proper black out when needed. You can get night-like blackout in a few steps.
- These also help in managing the thermal insulation of the house that is also known as the acoustic insulation.
- Furthermore, security is another aspect that no one should forget about. People generally put these blinds because they do not want any stranger look into their house stare their family member.
- Last but not the least, the use of these enables the beautification of the house and improves the overall aesthetics of the house.
- However, as people have so many options in hand, they generally get confused. Therefore, here we have brought you with a complete guide to choose the right type.
The guide to choose the best type
Stationary: As the name suggest, these are permanently attached and cannot be moved. The best part of these is their customization. These are beautiful and highly customizable. These are best to put anywhere you want- be it window, balcony or anything.
Motorized: Motorized means driven by motor. So, basically, these types of awnings and blinds are electrically operated with the help of motor. These also have sensors that automatically open and shut them according to the intensity of the light.
Retractable: These are manually operated ones that have ease of opening and closing when the sun is a little bit harsh on you. When you want a large amount of illumination, open all of them and let the light come in. But when you want total blackout- just close them.
Folding arms: Another fantastic solution from the list that comes in the market to cover the indoor and outdoor spaces.These are best incorporate at windows, patios, balconies, or anywhere you want. The comfort level is easy to maintain with these.
Straight drop: These generally do not need rocket science and deploy simple gear mechanism. One can simply roll them and roll them down according to the need. there will be a certain pull required.
So, as a homeowner, it becomes your responsibility that you choose best for you home because you and your family’s wellbeing is attached with it. Also, while making the selection, make sure you have researched enough about the right style and right colour according to you house.